Each company of the Tadano Group (collectively referred to as "Tadano") shall process personal data of individuals within the European Economic Area in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR"). Legislative amendments or changes to our internal company processes may make it necessary to amend this statement, so please read through this statement regularly.
"Personal data" is information that can be individually attributed to you. This includes, for example, your name, e-mail address, home address, gender, date of birth, telephone number and age. Non-personal data is information such as the number of users of a website.
Personal data is collected via this website only if you voluntarily provide it to us, e.g. during a registration process, by completing forms, by sending e-mails or by uploading your application documents. We use this data for the specified purposes and in accordance with the principles set forth below.
In accordance with Article 1 of the GDPR, Tadano shall:
- Process personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to a data subject.
- Process personal data only to the extent necessary for achieving the purposes specified in advance.
- Store personal data for the period necessary for achieving the purposes.
- Maintain personal data accurately and keep it up to date to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes.
- Process personal data by implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures.
The purposes for which personal data is processed by Tadano are as follows:
- For personal data of the general public and persons from business counterparties:
(1) Provision of services such as sales, repair and inspection of Tadano products or for procurement of raw materials or similar items.
(2) Conducting questionnaire surveys and creating statistical materials and other information related to products, services, and sales planning based on the survey results.
(3) Provision of products, services and various materials requested.
(4) Responding to comments and inquiries, and sending promotional giveaways.
(5) Providing information regarding products, services, events, questionnaires, and other matters related to Tadano.
(6) Conducting other work related to each of the above or separately obtained with the data subject's consent.
- For personal data of employees of Tadano and the Tadano Group as well as applicants for positions at Tadano
1) Engaging in work management, employee welfare, and health and safety
2) Providing education and training
3) Communication and notifications
4) Transfer of the relevant personal data to a third party for either of the purposes described in 1) to 3) above
Tadano shall process personal data based on one of the following legal bases in accordance with Art. 6 of the GDPR:
- Tadano has obtained the consent of the data subject.
- The processing is necessary to perform the obligations under a contract with the data subject.
- The processing is necessary for Tadano to fulfil its legal obligations.
- The processing is necessary to secure legitimate interests pursued by Tadano.
The descriptions and source of personal data that Tadano obtains from a third party are specified as follows:
- Personal data to be obtained from a third party
1) Basic information, contact information, family information, job and career information and other information (photos) of employees of Tadano's vendors and corporate customers
2) Basic information, contact information, family information and job and career information of employees of service providers Tadano engages with, such as financing companies
3) Basic information, contact information, family information and job and career information of employees of business associations and certification institutes Tadano engages with
4) Employment and salary information from the employees/applicants of the other European Tadano Group Companies.
- Source of personal data
1) Tadano's vendors and corporate customers
2) service providers Tadano engages with, such as financing companies
3) business associations and certification institutes Tadano engages with
4) the other European Tadano Group Companies.
Tadano shall take appropriate actions on the data subject's requests on the processing of personal data concerning him or her in accordance with the GDPR:
- Withdrawal of consent for the processing (Art. 7)
- Right of access by the data subject (Art. 15)
- Right to rectification (Art. 16)
- Right to erasure (Art. 17)
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18)
- Right to data portability (Art. 20)
- Right to object to the processing (Art. 21)
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Art. 77)
To prevent incidents such as loss, destruction, manipulation or leakage of personal data, Tadano shall implement appropriate, necessary measures against illegal access and computer viruses, among others, to prevent incidents such as loss, destruction, manipulation or leakage of personal data. Tadano shall also provide appropriate, necessary supervision over its employees, contractors and other agents to ensure the protection of personal data.
Please address any inquiries on personal information to the following e-mail address.