Each company of the Tadano Group (collectively referred to as "Tadano") shall process personal data of individuals within the European Economic Area in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. Principles of processing personal data
In accordance with Article 1 of the GDPR, Tadano shall:
- Process personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to a data subject.
- Process personal data only to the extent necessary for achieving the purposes specified in advance.
- Store personal data for the period necessary for achieving the purposes.
- Maintain personal data accurately and keep it up to date to the extent necessary for the purposes.
- Process personal data by implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures.
2. The purposes of personal data processing
The purposes for which personal data is processed by Tadano are as follows:
- For personal data of the general public and persons from business counterparties
1) Sales of products and related services including maintenance and inspection
2) Questionnaires, market research or similar aiming to improve the quality of products and services
3) Answering inquiries from our customers
4) Sending giveaways or similar
5) Procurement of raw materials or similar
6) Training and plant tours
7) Monitoring of equipment performance information
8) Transfer of the relevant personal data to a third party for either of the purposes described in 1) to 7) above
- For personal data of employees of Tadano and the Tadano Group as well as applicants for positions at Tadano
1) Engaging in work management, employee welfare, and health and safety
2) Providing education and training
3) Communication and notifications
4) Transfer of the relevant personal data to a third party for either of the purposes described in 1) to 3) above
3. Lawfulness of processing personal data
Tadano shall process personal data based on one of the following legal bases in accordance with Art. 6 of the GDPR:
- Tadano has obtained the consent of the data subject.
- The processing is necessary to perform the obligations under a contract with the data subject.
- The processing is necessary for Tadano to fulfil its legal obligations.
- The processing is necessary to secure legitimate interests pursued by Tadano.
4. Providing personal data to a third party
- In accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the GDPR, if Tadano provides personal data concerning a data subject to a third party, it shall communicate the information of the recipient to the data subject as part of the processing of personal data based on the applicable legal basis.
- In accordance with Chapter V of the GDPR, if Tadano transfers personal data from the European Union to a third country, it shall implement safeguards required under applicable laws and regulations.
5. Obtaining personal data from a third party
The descriptions and source of personal data that Tadano obtains from a third party are specified as follows:
- Personal data to be obtained from a third party
1) Basic information, contact information, family information, job and career information and other information (photos) of employees of Tadano's vendors and corporate customers
2) Basic information, contact information, family information and job and career information of employees of service providers Tadano engages with, such as financing companies
3) Basic information, contact information, family information and job and career information of employees of business associations and certification institutes Tadano engages with
4) Employment and salary information from the employees/applicants of the other European Tadano Group Companies.
- Source of personal data
1) Tadano's vendors and corporate customers
2) service providers Tadano engages with, such as financing companies
3) business associations and certification institutes Tadano engages with
4) the other European Tadano Group Companies.
6. Taking actions on the rights of data subjects
Tadano shall take appropriate actions on the data subject's requests on the processing of personal data concerning him or her in accordance with the GDPR:
- Withdrawal of consent for the processing (Art. 7)
- Right of access by the data subject (Art. 15)
- Right to rectification (Art. 16)
- Right to erasure (Art. 17)
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18)
- Right to data portability (Art. 20)
- Right to object to the processing (Art. 21)
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Art. 77)
7. Safeguards for the protection of personal data
Tadano shall implement appropriate, necessary measures including measures against, including but not limited to, illegal access, computer viruses to prevent incidents such as loss, destruction, manipulation or leakage of personal data. Tadano shall also provide appropriate, necessary supervision over its employees, contracted processors, etc. to ensure the protection of personal data.
Please address any inquiries on personal information to the following e-mail address.